The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

huson river lights??? Options
sambuca
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:53:08 AM
Groups: Member

here is a copy of the message i just sent to the supervisor of ossining ny

i would like to make the following report to you prefaced by this disclaimer--i am 75 years old and in excellent health and do not drink or do drugs--i have a science background and am well experienced in nature observations being a hiker and birdwatcher for 60 years---i recently purchased my first boat-- a 22ft bayliner cruiser and made a trip to the city and misjudged my time coming back to newburgh and by the time i got to the tappan zee it was totally dark on the evening of wed aug 10 at about 8:30pm--as i passed under the bridge and left it behind i saw in the darkness ahead of me about a mile --right off the bank of ossining several hundred yards there were two red lights and three white lights traveling just about the speed of jetskis going back and forth on the water--there were no other boats in the whole area anywhere near--all i could see ahead of me was the expanse of dark water and these lights going back and forth just like jet skis racing with each other---as i proceeded north i said to myself --these guys must be crazy driving around at night on jetskis and i better not get to close to them--as i kept going north i veered to the left but as i got closer --to my surprise i could not see any body riding jetskis---only the lights that were racing back and forth--and these lights were not above the water line as i discovered when my curiosity made me go closer to see what in the hell is this---the closer i got i could see the lights were underwater as though someone was shining a flashlight up from below and circular about the size of a grapefruit--as i slowly approached closer to the lights which were moving very fast back and forth they suddenly came all together in a small circle about the size of a pizza and all of a sudden started spinning around each other and just disappeared-i must have been about 50 ft away looking right down at them in the water when that happened--i have never seen anything out of the ordinary in my whole life and have always been skeptical of all the reports of ufo's etc and now here i am having seen this unexplained phenomenon---the next day [thur]i saw a report on the ynn cable news that ossining had some problem with a sewage release off shore---could this incident be connected in any way?---very curious----sambuco sambuca
i received a reply from the mayor of ossining who said ---while he didn't think it was related he agreed that the incident was very curious------Think
jim
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 8:23:19 PM

surprised no one has responded to you yet, sambuca.

very cool experience and i'm glad that you at least documented it here for posterity.

the only question i have is "are there any experimental/military installations nearby?"
sambuca
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:55:09 AM

hi jim--long time no talk-----there is an army installation on the river perhaps 2 miles north a few miles up the hudson---camp smith--i don't know if anything secret is going on there or not--the only other official presence i have always noted on the river is the us coast guard icebreakers in the winter and smaller cruisers during the other seasons---who knows?--good point though---as always---sambuca
ebb101
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:51:51 AM

Could it be a diver, or divers? That's the only explanation--out there, at that--that I could come up with.
Did you contact MUFON, or check their database? There may be other witnesses.
sambuca
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 7:02:24 AM

hi ebb---i did think of divers right away when i saw the lights were coming from below---there were no other boats at all in this huge bay just north of the tappan zee bridge at about 8:30pm---the lights were moving too fast to be divers and there were no divers bouys or floats or flags or any warnings around that there were divers and they were too far from the shoreline to be without any boat or platform base---i will take your advice and check out mufon and any other related sites and see what develops---thanks for the reply