The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Next Step: Synthetic Multiverse Options
ebb101
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:37:04 AM
Groups: Member

Noticed that we are moving closer to being able to create synthetic cells. How close are we to creating synthetic universes or multiverses?

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/27537/
EKUMA1981
Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2012 11:08:20 AM

Interesting article, ebb101, thanks for sharing.

The multiverse idea has always fascinated me, but I'm starting to doubt its existence. For one thing no evidence of these extra dimensions of spacetime have been found at the LHC. Also, if there is an infinite number/incredibly large finite number of these other universes I think we would see exotic beings coming through into our reality on a regular basis.

I know some say that it's impossible to travel through the Bulk or go from one universe to another, but super/hyperintelligences would surely find a way.
LoneCrowe
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:17:54 AM

Cells are universes. Our universe is a cell.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:27:45 PM

I thought our universe is a "bubble" among many other "bubbles". Seriously, what do you mean by "cell"? Do you mean that the multiverse is a living organism made up of many cells. Please elaborate...
LoneCrowe
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:55:09 AM

I personally think that the universe is a cell, similar to the cells in our bodies but different of course. I think the "multiverse" is nothing more than many many cells all intercommunicating in methods we can't understand because the scale is too grandiose and beyond our primitive brains to comprehend. I mean when you look at the known universe the pictures it looks like a viscous fluid concoction similar to that of the fluid inside a cell, or membrane.

There was no big bang. Cells divide... there is an energy that makes cells divide and grow, similar to the energy that is making our universe expand and grow.

The nature of the universe and "life" as we know it is a Mother/Father/Child relationship.. a tree with branches and spreads seed which grow and flourish. Our universe is nothing different than life itself spreading.
ebb101
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:54:10 AM

"The multiverse idea has always fascinated me, but I'm starting to doubt its existence. For one thing no evidence of these extra dimensions of spacetime have been found at the LHC. Also, if there is an infinite number/incredibly large finite number of these other universes I think we would see exotic beings coming through into our reality on a regular basis."

Actually, if there are infinite universes or multiverses, the probability of exotic beings appearing into your reality would be exactly the same as them not appearing in your reality, or, for that matter, appearing sometimes in your reality.
The real question is what tips the scales of probability?
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:10:19 AM

Good point, ebb101. Talking of probabilities, I've often wondered if we'll ever get to the heart of quantum mechanics and discover how it all operates. If we or another civilisation succeed then we might be able to manipulate this quantum world and fiddle with the laws of chance/probability. For example, walking straight through a wall is extremely unlikely (zillions-to-1 against), but if we could tinker around we could in theory increase the odds of it happening to say - 1-1 (50/50).

I'm sure I read about this in a physics book years ago, but I can't remember which one. Think
Neo
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:39:15 PM

Interesting article, ebb101.

There is no spoon.