Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:17:49 PM
Groups: Member

Anyone here heard of this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4

There is no spoon.
terrorgoat
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 6:58:21 PM

Ok, so let's just say that the this reality is a simulation. The only thing that is real is my thoughts, or observation or my beliefs. What do you think, Neo? (I keep writing and deleting because I can't really think of some way to make sense of it.) You ever see the Thirteenth Floor? Even though those characters were simulations, the protagonist realized that they were real, in some manner. Even if this is a hologram, doesn't it become real through our experience of it?

"The only true wisdom exists in knowing that you know nothing."
- The Mighty Socrates (Not the fake Socrates Plato wrote about in "The Republic.")
jim
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 8:01:13 PM

RogerV
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 10:54:04 PM

terrorgoat wrote:
Ok, so let's just say that the this reality is a simulation. The only thing that is real is my thoughts, or observation or my beliefs. What do you think, Neo? (I keep writing and deleting because I can't really think of some way to make sense of it.) You ever see the Thirteenth Floor? Even though those characters were simulations, the protagonist realized that they were real, in some manner. Even if this is a hologram, doesn't it become real through our experience of it?

We used to imagine that atoms and such were something of real substance, and hence, we, being composed of such, were likewise of real substance.

Yet if the universe is a construct of something deeper, and so too ourselves, does that construe anything about us to be less real?

Just what is the definition of 'real' that is being aspired to here?

It's a sincere question.

"I think therefore I am" may be as good as it gets regardless of whether one is the product of so-called tiny marbles (atoms/matter/energy) or a product of some sort of information/consciousness construct.

I suppose there is this practical benefit: if a consciousness construct is the deeper permanence while the cosmos is just a virtual reality training ground, then the consciousness will go on to the next gig while the biological form returns to dust (or perhaps our current virtual reality eventually gets shutdown altogether).
terrorgoat
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 6:27:40 PM

Thanks Roger. Ok, so I understand "Do you think that's air that you're breathing," is an awesome illustration of what is real and what isn't. If the code for this reality was created, then how come the code in everyone who comes to Jim's site was written to have us question "what is real." To me we shouldn't seem to feel that something isn't correct about the world. (I'm not getting into conspiracy theories or NWO crap here.)

Why are some people so driven to find out what this reality is? Ever since Jim brought up this point in the book, I'm seeing more and more evidence daily (Jim's good at posting interesting stories) that scientists are basically saying "Ok, this stuff is getting weird." Not to mention all the alternative ancient history theories.

I have no idea. I'm gonna go meditate :)

- The Mighty Socrates (Not the fake Socrates Plato wrote about in "The Republic.")
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2012 6:24:51 AM

terrorgoat wrote:
Thanks Roger. Ok, so I understand "Do you think that's air that you're breathing," is an awesome illustration of what is real and what isn't. If the code for this reality was created, then how come the code in everyone who comes to Jim's site was written to have us question "what is real." To me we shouldn't seem to feel that something isn't correct about the world. (I'm not getting into conspiracy theories or NWO crap here.)

Why are some people so driven to find out what this reality is? Ever since Jim brought up this point in the book, I'm seeing more and more evidence daily (Jim's good at posting interesting stories) that scientists are basically saying "Ok, this stuff is getting weird." Not to mention all the alternative ancient history theories.

I have no idea. I'm gonna go meditate :)

The Programmer made us that way.

Causally, if reality is simulated, then something caused (or programmed) this simulation. Strictly from a causal standpoint, it follows that something must have caused the Programmer. This then leads me to the conclusion that it is not just a simulated reality, but a simulation within a simulation.

Which means the question, "who caused God (the Programmer)?" is not necessarily the right question. The real question is what caused cause? "Cause" afterall is just a logical construct which says an action or event will produce a certain response to the action in the form of another event. If you must require that we go back in sequence from event to cause and then again from the leading event to the next cause, eventually you would want to get back to the first order causation -- but alas, it seems impossible. There can be no first order causation.

The easier explanation becomes the Programmed nature of the universe where beyond the program lies a higher dimensional (or quantum causality) which does not require cause and effect to emerge. With these concepts in mind, we can come to the conclusion that it is not our "self-awareness" that makes us sentient - it is our inquisitiveness or skepticism of all reality that actually allows us to be conscious in reality. e.g. a rock has so much more self-awareness than we do, that it can sit there as a darn rock without the least motivation to question anything about its existence. The rock knows exactly what it is. We, on the other hand, haven't a very good idea at all about what we are - we are NOT self-aware.

So it is the work and spleandor of the Programmer to bring this new type of skeptical self-awareness through inquisitiveness rather than knowledge. In this programmed reality, knowledge is a complete fallacy. There is no truth with is completely 100% irrefutable -- and there is no falsity which has 0% chance of being true.

So, when Gates discovers these "Andinkras" as codes burried within the very essence of the supersymetry in the universe, he is discovering the simulated simulation. And we are moving one step closer to the Programmer's intention of creating truly self-aware beings who can then move on to create our own universes.
jdlaw
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2012 6:30:28 AM

terrorgoat
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:53:31 PM

jdlaw wrote:

Which means the question, "who caused God (the Programmer)?" is not necessarily the right question. The real question is what caused cause? "Cause" afterall is just a logical construct which says an action or event will produce a certain response to the action in the form of another event. If you must require that we go back in sequence from event to cause and then again from the leading event to the next cause, eventually you would want to get back to the first order causation -- but alas, it seems impossible. There can be no first order causation.

That is one of the greatest questions I've heard JD....Oh man, that was some GREAT information. Thank you so much. "What causes cause." I like that you say we are not self aware and yet a rock is. I often wonder if truly waking up to this world is to go crazy, because in order to interact with people in this existence, you have to dumb yourself down. There are only so many blank stares you can take before you stop trying to explain to people what's going on.

Thanks again, JD!!!!

LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:17:43 AM

The russian doll I think summarizes the universe perfectly. That or mirrors pointing at mirrors.

I also like Nassim Haramein's work

Loved the 13th floor.