Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 5:30:26 PM
Groups: Member

Read Vlatko Vedral's book back when it came out:

Decoding Reality: the universe as quantum information
Vlatko Vedral

This books is along a similar theme:

Information and the Nature of Reality: From Physics to Metaphysics
Paul Davies

Vedral poses information as fundamental. Yet what we really understand is that consciousness is fundamental (information is processed via mind). (In a sense this implies that the kosmos is a very lucid dream. The experiences of synchronicity indicate that the consciousness of each of us is interactively participating in this lucid dream. Our consciousness is capable of warping the manifestation of reality - in a way that is perhaps somewhat reminiscent of the Monster of the Id depicted in Fantastic Planet.)

That is the weakest part of this interview is when they both squirm and get uncomfortable when the G word comes up (God). God is just a way of saying that the kosmos is a manifestation of (a) consciousness. Is amazing that when some physicist manage to break out of past conceptual boxes they still keep imposing conceptual boxes on themselves - self imposed dogmatic taboos.

None-the-less, Vlatko is instrumental in advancing an important conceptual point of view that is ultimately headed in the right direction.

If some of these guys were direct experiencers of high strangeness then they'd get there a lot quicker. Seems to be that highly left brain dominated people are slow to get opened up to the full gamut of experiencing their own consciousness.

BTW, I only word my comments in this self assured manner because when one is a direct experiencer of a wider gamut of consciousness manifestation, there's no more reason to keep beating around the bush or conservatively hedging bets in endlessly hypothesizing as to what is going on. Am impatient and ready for science to get past the juvenile stage and go on to the next era of a 21st century science of consciousness and all that that will impart.

Dr. Jacobo Grinberg-Zylberbaum on "neuronal field" and "pre-space structure"
Quote:
The pre-space structure is a holographic, non-local lattice that has . . . the attribute of consciousness. The neuronal field [created by the brain] distorts this lattice, and activates a partial interpretation of it that is perceived as an image. Only when the brain-mind system is free from interpretations, do the neuronal field and the pre-space structure become identical. In this situation, the perception of reality is unitary, without ego and with a lack of any duality. In this situation, pure consciousness and a feeling of an all-embracing unity and luminosity is [sic] perceived. All the systems that spiritual leaders have developed . . . have had the goal of arriving at this direct perception of the pure pre-space structure. . . . The science of consciousness that I would like to develop is a science that will try to understand, study and research the above-mentioned ideas.”

On Professor Jacobo Grinberg:
Quote:
His experiences with Pachita also influenced his scientific thinking. Grinberg came to believe that the neuronal field he had postulated interacted with what he called an 'informational matrix,' a complicated concept that his students still have trouble explaining. He believed that experience and perception were created as a result of this interaction, and that the curative powers of shamans and *curanderas* like Pachita came from their ability to gain access to the informational matrix and change it, thereby affecting reality.
LoneCrowe
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:24:54 AM

Very cool.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:25:35 PM

Thanks for that, RogerV. I really like your attitude - waiting for science to catch up to our way of thinking - great! Did you read my other post about 'entangling' with other minds, RogerV. Like to hear your views on this too.

Also, if we want people to sit up and take notice of us and these ideas then I believe we need to demonstrate to the public (the majority I believe are completely oblivious to most of this), the reality behind these phenomena. That way it might finally become more mainstream. By demonstration I mean things like ESP, precognition, gleaning profound info from the 'Database'. This would convince people and get them more involved.

People would really benefit, especially in gloomy times like these (recession.)
RogerV
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:46:38 PM

Should add this addendum:

1994 was looking like a good year for Dr. Jacobo Grinberg-Zylberbaum. He was getting some funding to expand his research, buy new equipment, etc. Was looking like he was starting to arrive at some level of acceptance.

Yet at a point in time in his career when it looked like he was finally starting to arrive (so to speak), he up and disappears off the face of the Earth. Is quite the enigma. Some folks suggest foul play in respect to his spouse, but nothing conclusive has been established.

Quote:
Of the more than fifty books Grinberg wrote, some are standard neurophysiology texts in many Latin countries; others read like religious mysticism. Grinberg seemed aimed at fusing the two parts of his own soul in his work.

'That was his main thrust--trying to figure a way of justifying this whole magical worldview through neuroscience,' says Tony Karam, director of the Tibet House in Mexico City and a close friend of Grinberg's.

The theory for which Grinberg came to be known reflected his personality. Relying on physics and his experiences with witch doctors, or *curanderos*--a bit of Einstein, a bit of Dona Pachita--its essential message was warm and hopeful: All humankind is interconnected. Grinberg spent most of his adult life attempting to prove this idea. Whether he was successful is a debate that continues in his absence.
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:34:29 PM

Mr. Grinberg was a lot like me then in many respects :o) - trying to prove the existence of PSI, etc. I've often wondered if I am attracting the attention of 'ultraterrestrials' with the things I write/say. Maybe one day I'll get a knock at my door and it will be the mysterious Men in Black telling me to, "button it!"