The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A film director with a thematic agenda - Ridley Scott and Prometheus Options
RogerV
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 12:19:04 AM
Groups: Member

Before you go see Ridley Scott's latest film Prometheus, you might want to check out my analysis of the esoteric symbolism of his Blade Runner film from 30 years ago. The back story of that film, as decoded via its symbolism, and now the literal story conveyed in the new Prometheus film are one and the same theme. Which essentially makes for a film director (Ridley Scott) that's clearly pushing a thematic agenda. Interesting...

[Update] I should clarify - I don't mean the entire story of Prometheus - just the first part of that film that touches on the AAT theme. That is where there is a thematic overlap to the back story of blade runner.

LoneCrowe
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 7:12:24 PM

Excellent article. I am familiar with everything you discussed and agree with it all. It was a nice take on things. Although no mention of the new movie.. I guess we'll have to see for ourselves!

I loved Eyes Wide Shut actually. Stanley Kubrick was also quite involved in all of this as is Ridley Scott.

Also no mention of the Bohemian club and Molech? Owls in some circles represent "The Watchers" who are also known as the greys. The IGIGI - if you do some literal translations of IGIGI it really almost comes out to "eye" or minds eye who watches. Either way they are "overlords"
RogerV
Posted: Saturday, June 9, 2012 2:21:56 AM

Thanks, LoneCrowe.

I got to say, though, that I'd never have thought to do a write up on this film if it had not been for the exchange I had with Mary Sean Young. We were conversing about awakening, the 11 prompting phenomena, synchronicity, and then in one response I happened to mention I'd just re-watched the film and did a brief two paragraph synopsis that hit on the major symbolic things I was now seeing in the film. Of course, writing those two paragraphs to her caused a light bulb to go off, resulting in the article with its more in-depth treatment. Thirty years ago watching that film in the theater, I'd never have imagined in a million years that I'd have a correspondence with the actress portraying Rachel such that it'd lead to something like the article. Sort of weird how things play out. Guess it's all part of the awakening process that keeps unfolding.

The Blade Runner film strangely touched a rather wide range of turf so far as esoteric subjects go. Yet the core is the AAT stuff - which Ridley Scott is now reprising in Prometheus in a literal telling instead of as Gnostic allegory.

I wrote the article about a month ago, so really the timing with the appearance of Prometheus movie works rather well. Folks should definitely cast an eye to both films when pondering the themes Ridley Scott is conveying.

LoneCrowe wrote:
Also no mention of the Bohemian club and Molech? Owls in some circles represent "The Watchers" who are also known as the greys. The IGIGI - if you do some literal translations of IGIGI it really almost comes out to "eye" or minds eye who watches. Either way they are "overlords"

As to the owls - I'm going to do an article that is going to touch on the owls (and Archons) from a personal experience perspective - didn't want to mix that into this article, though, as would sort of draw attention away from the film itself. In a kind of oblique but important way, the Bohemian club and Molech owl stuff is going to figure into that article.

Let me just say this:

Of all the things I wrote about in that Blade Runner article - the section about the owl stuff is what I am absolutely the most certain about by far and away. Hence why I very much take note that Ridley Scott was referencing it.

Cheers,
--Roger
RogerV
Posted: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:27:49 AM

Okay, here is my treatment on the film Prometheus - don't read this yet if you haven't seen the film:

Prometheus the Film - Thematic Confluences