contact with our government? Maybe like some kind of understanding or
similar? And I wonder if anyone has any info on something I read somewhere
about in the Vietnam war in Cambodia that aliens were observed taking
body parts? Is there anything documented anywhere? i think that is most
interesting! Anxious
MO
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:46:14 PM
Groups: Member

Hmm. Google "Bruce Maccabee" for some evidence along those lines.

For me, personally, I do not believe that ETs travel light years in metal discs only to occasionally crash in the desert. However, it seems to be possible that we are being observed and that whoever observes us may have technologies so far beyond ours that they would have the capacity to appear to us however they wish to appear (think "Jodie Foster" and her encounter in Contact, a movie based on a book by a well-known UFO-debunker, Carl Sagan).

But, I also think the likelihood that they would want to have a meaningful meeting with our government is similar to the likelihood that I would want to have a meaningful meeting with an ant.

However, I would be very interested in other people's view on this. Anyone?
LadyBe
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:03:43 AM

MO, I can appreciate your skepticism and remember when I was where you were at in my thinking. I became a believer when I saw two U.F.O.'s (same day, one incident). Then another time I saw a red cloud (whatever was the source of locomotion behind the red cloud I have no idea but it behaved as a plane did and gradually descended to the ground and the cloud was about the size of a mid size automobile). If I had not seen these things with my own eyes I would not have believed in U.F.O.'s personally. It seems illogical that aliens would travel the enormous distance they do to observe or take samples of us or of our animals but indications are they do. We just assume travel for them is lengthy and yet it may be closer than we suspect-who is to say? Somehow I believe that aliens have made contact with out government (I don't have any reason to believe that other than it just seems most likely to me)this among many other reasons is why the government apparently does not take them more seriously-at least not in so far as we the public can tell. It does seem very likely too that they can appear in any form they choose and do so and this would account for why there are variations in the aliens reported. I don't much think it is so many different alien civilizations that are visiting us.
MO
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 10:13:56 PM

LadyBe,
Actually, I probably agree with you more than you think. Think
The idea of being observed and visited certainly makes sense to me. The possibility that another civilization is far enough advanced to cloak themselves, appear to us as we might imagine them to appear (like in the movie Contact), and have the ability to traverse space at speeds exceeding light, does not seem at all unreasonable. It's just the idea of sitting down and chatting with Eisenhower that I find difficult to fathom. But who knows...
LadyBe
Posted: Saturday, September 6, 2008 7:24:49 PM

MO, did you happen to catch that show on the other day on the U.F.O. Files? It was talking about flying saucers and aliens and our government. I think it
started with Rosevelt and on through the Clinton presidency. Oh, I think it said something like begining with the Eisenhower years that the secrecy began.
Yes it seems a little difficult to think that aliens may have had a sit down chat with our president(s) but I believe at some point in time there has been some
kind of meeting of the minds; somehow. I strongly suspect that we do not represent any kind of threat to them but it makes you curious why they would be
observing us. I read some place once that they (aliens)have disarmed nuclear weapons and I believe they are trying to prevent us from destroying ourselves.
jdlaw
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2008 10:10:09 PM

Hi LadyBe,

Programmed reality usually has quite a different take on these subjects. There are certainly some older threads in this forum dealing with the issue of extraterrestrials. If you consider Occam's razor (which in the Latin said lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness, paraphrased as "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best") then programmed reality is the proper solution. In a programmed reality, for all we know, those presidents are NPC ("non-player characters") as compared to RPG (Role Playing Game) video games. Time, space, matter, and anything else that might be here in this programmed reality, including little green men, are all just part of the program.
MO
Posted: Monday, September 8, 2008 11:31:29 PM

Here's a good one. Larry King is always a friend of the ufologists: UFO lasers test missile