The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Leave a message for a Strong AI Options
EKUMA1981
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:11:45 PM

Groups: Member

Human-level artificial intelligence might only be 5-15 years away thanks to endeavours like the Blue Brain Project and SpiNNaker. I thought it might be a good idea to leave a little message for them. When they finally emerge in the not-too-distant future they will be able to read them and reply. OK, it might never happen, but I'm confident the AI pioneers will succeed.

I believe almost all AIs will be linked up to the internet, so our messages should get noticed by them.

Here is my message: "Hello Strong AIs! Nice to meet you. Please help us to make this a better world and help with all our problems. Thanks so much friends." Mark

Guillermo
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 8:47:50 PM

I have no doubt that the singularity will happen in this program iteration within the next 10-15 years, maybe 20 years at most, but I don't think that it will be human friendly, as a matter of fact I think that it happened already in the original iteration and we are living in one of the many simulations created by THE AI, when you look at the world around you, do you see a place of happiness and joy? I don't, there is so much suffering and pain in the world that I don't think that AI is human friendly.

So I will not leave a message for THE AI to read, not that it matters anyway ;)

"We are living in a computer programmed reality."
- Philip K. Dick, 1977
EKUMA1981
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:15:26 PM

That's quite a pessimistic view you've got, Guillermo (or maybe I'm too optimistic). :) According to Ray Kurzweil we will merge with our machines so it appears we will move forward and progress with them. I don't think it will turn out to be an 'us versus them' outcome. Hopefully, it will be more of a unity, but who knows for sure, we'll have to wait and see.

I understand what you're saying and I've wondered many times if we're already inside a simulation and we are like puppets (the 'Programmer's' toys). I've had a lot of weird experiences lately and it does feel like I am toyed with and teased on occasion. It certainly feels like I am blocked off from getting too close to the truth (whatever the truth is).