The Universe Solved

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Favorite Quotes Options
RogerV
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:36:33 AM
Groups: Member

Well, Jim, here's a finding that certainly brings into question the role of the brain in consciousness and intellectual acumen.

This particular account is from David Wilcock's 2011 book:
The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations

Quote:
In 1980, Roger Lewin published “Is Your Brain Really Necessary?” in the prestigious journal Science, discussing the work of Dr. John Lorber—arguably the world’s top expert on a condition called hydrocephalus, or “water on the brain.”
“There’s a young student at this university,” says Lorber, “who has an IQ of 126, has gained a first-class honors degree in mathematics, and is socially completely normal. And yet the boy has virtually no brain.”
“When we did a brain scan on him,” Lorber recalls, “we saw that instead of the normal 4.5-centimeter thickness of brain tissue between the ventricles and the cortical surface, there was just a thin layer of mantle measuring a millimeter or so. His cranium is filled mainly with cerebrospinal fluid.
LoneCrowe
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:20:08 PM

I think we are the sum of all of our cells that carry electromagnetic information that is held cohesively together. Fluids and such...

Also Gas can hold memory.

Might explain why I have a bad memory.. I tend to pass a lot of it..
jim
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 5:17:27 PM

RogerV wrote:
Well, Jim, here's a finding that certainly brings into question the role of the brain in consciousness and intellectual acumen.

This particular account is from David Wilcock's 2011 book:
The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations

Quote:
In 1980, Roger Lewin published “Is Your Brain Really Necessary?” in the prestigious journal Science, discussing the work of Dr. John Lorber—arguably the world’s top expert on a condition called hydrocephalus, or “water on the brain.”
“There’s a young student at this university,” says Lorber, “who has an IQ of 126, has gained a first-class honors degree in mathematics, and is socially completely normal. And yet the boy has virtually no brain.”
“When we did a brain scan on him,” Lorber recalls, “we saw that instead of the normal 4.5-centimeter thickness of brain tissue between the ventricles and the cortical surface, there was just a thin layer of mantle measuring a millimeter or so. His cranium is filled mainly with cerebrospinal fluid.

Interesting. This was also referenced in Pim van Lommel's book.

He also references some research that was done to show how little of every day experiences can be conceivably stored in the brain, from a long term perspective. I know that I have read about conditions like total recall, where people could recall any particular day in their lives in great detail, or any particular page in any book they read. It seems to me that this condition, coupled with the ratio of {data size of all experiences} to {brain capacity} would be strong evidence for the existence of an external mechanism (aka Akashic Record) for storing long term memory.
jim
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2012 9:19:11 PM

"Space and time are tools of the mind"
- Dr. Robert Lanza
jim
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2012 7:22:06 PM

"The world is built not out of bits of matter, but out of bits of knowledge - subjective, conscious knowings."
- John von Neumann
jim
Posted: Monday, October 1, 2012 10:25:40 PM

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein
jim
Posted: Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:06:26 PM

"The mind is free to go, be aware, and experience anything anywhere..." "Many [in our reality] do not comprehend this; consequently, they never go anywhere – they simply stay at home and baby-sit their bodies. They have no idea there is a wholly new and magnificent reality out there to explore – or how important it is to the success of their mission – or for that matter, that there even is a purpose or mission to their life. They have their you-know-what stuck in a belief trap. Contrary to popular opinion, ignorance is not bliss, it is just ignorance."

-Tom Campbell
aashton
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:48:22 PM

“There will come a time when it isn't 'They're spying on me through my phone' anymore. Eventually, it will be 'My phone is spying on me'.”

― Philip K. Dick
jim
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:49:18 PM

aashton,

great to have you as a new member here. and thanks for your immediate contributions. love this quote. people should really be calling Philip K. Dick the father of digital reality. :)
jim
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 8:39:15 AM

"The brain is a computing machine connected with a spirit."
- Kurt Gödel
jim
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:07:48 AM

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us 'Universe,' a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons near us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

-Albert Einstein
sambuca
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:18:18 AM

this is why everyone should become buddhists
jim
Posted: Sunday, April 5, 2015 1:54:42 PM

"Only Higher Consciousness Can Transform Our World”
– Quantum physicist Dr. John Hagelin
"Bot"-tee-licious
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:03:07 AM

"Many scientists think that philosophy has no place, so for me it's a sad time because the role of reflection, contemplation, meditation, self enquiry, insight, intuition, imagination, creativity, free will, is in a way not given any importance, which is the domain of philosophers" - Deepak Chopra
Neo
Posted: Saturday, November 21, 2015 1:20:02 PM

“Far from being the smartest possible biological species, we are probably better thought of as the stupidest possible biological species capable of starting a technological civilization - a niche we filled because we got there first, not because we are in any sense optimally adapted to it.”
― Nick Bostrom, Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies

There is no spoon.